Digital Human Research Group
Human Informatics Research Institute (HIRI)
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
|2004.4. - 2007.3||Research Associate of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Waseda University (21st Century COE Program)|
|2006||Visiting Doctoral Student (Prof. Aftab Patla), Univ. of Waterloo, Dept. of Kinesiology|
|2007.3||Ph.D (Human Science)|
|2007.4 - 2009.3||Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Research Institute of National Rehabilitation Center for Persons with Disabilities (NRCD)|
|2009.4 - 2010.6||Research Fellow, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)|
|2010.1 - 2010.5||Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Dept. of Psychology, Univ. of Connecticut,
Center for Ecological Study of Perception and Action (CESPA)
|2010.7 -||Research Scientist of Digital Human Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)|
|2015.7 -||Senior Research Scientist of Digital Human Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)|
- Best Paper Award, The Japanese Society for Fall Prevention, 2016.10
- Young Investigator Award, Society of Biomechanisms Japan, 2011. 11
- The Encouragement Award in Industrial Science and Technology Policy and Environment Bureau Director-General's Award, FY2014 Industrial Standardization Awards ceremony, 2014.10
- Young Investigator's Award, ABML2011, 2011.11
- Young Investigation Excellence Award, The Society of Life Support Engineering, 2007.10
- Best Student Poster Award, XVII th International Society for Postural and Gait Research, 2005.6
Comprehensive Analysis of Human Movement Features
Sensor-based Gait Features Assessment Technology
maintenance of gait database
- Kobayashi Y, Hobara H, Heldoorn TA, Kouchi M, Mochimaru M. Age-independent and age-dependent sex differences in gait pattern determined by principal component analysis. Gait and Posture, 46, 11-17, 2016.
- Yoshiyuki Kobayashi, Hiroaki Hobara, Shiho Matsushita, Masaaki Mochimaru, Key joint kinematics characteristics of the gait of fallers identified by principal component analysis, J Biomech, 47(10):2424-9, 2014.
- Hiroaki Hobara, Yoshiyuki Kobayashi, Emika Kato, Toru Ogata. Differences in spring-mass characteristics between one- and two-legged hopping. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 29(6), 785-9, 2012.
- H. Hobara, Y. Kobayashi, S. Tominaga, T. Nakamura, N. Yamasaki, T. Ogata, Factors affecting stair-ascent patterns in unilateral transfemoral amputees. Prosthet Orthot Int. 2012 Oct 29.
- H. Hobara, E. Kato, Y. Kobayashi, T. Ogata, Sex differences in relationship between passive ankle stiffness and leg stiffness during hopping, J Biomech., 45(16):2750-2754, 2012.
- Hiroaki Hobara, Yoshiyuki Kobayashi, Takashi Nakamura, Nobuya Yamasaki, Kimitaka Nakazawa, Masami Akai, Toru Ogata, Lower extremity joint kinematics during stair ascent in transfemoral amputees, Prosthetics and Orthotics International, 35-4, 467-472, (2011)
- Yoshiyuki Kobayashi, Hiroshi Fujimoto, Kimitaka Nakazawa, Masami Akai, Foot Position Tends to Be Sensed as More Medial Than the Actual Foot Position, Journal of Motor Behavior, 41(5): 437-43. (2009)
- Yoshiyuki KOBAYASHI, Rei OSAKA, Toshiaki HARA, Hiroshi FUJIMOTO; How Accurately People Can Discriminate the Differences of Floor Materials with Various Elasticities. IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng. ,16, 1, 99-105, (2008)
- Yoshiyuki KOBAYASHI, Takamichi TAKASHIMA, Mieko HAYASHI, Hiroshi FUJIMOTO; Gait analysis of people walking on tactile ground surface indicators, IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng, 13-1, 53/59, (2005)