Web Contents to Support Education of Parents for Preventing Child Unintentional Injuries
These is supporting education of parents that information related to injuries is provided as one of the methods for preventing child's injuries at home. Almost all conventional methods are alerting to parents by providing information about injuries with text, numeric value and illustration on books, magazines, internet pages and so on. We think that it is not enough for parents to realize how injuries happen to their children. Thus, we begun a service to provide child injury scene animations which ware created by ourselves in cooperation with Benesse Corporation from December, 2005.
Benesse Corporation Service Wep Page (Japanes only):
A Service for providing child injury scene animations
The following is a concrete content of our service.
- Input "Age" and "Developmental stage"
- Display the list of injury scenes corresponds to age and developmental stage
- Parents select the animations that they want to watch and watch them
- After watching, answer a questionnaire that parents select a item
from following items
- I have seen or heard about this injury; I think the possibility of it occurring in the future is high.
- I have seen or heard about this injury, but I think the possibility of it occurring in the future is low.
- I have never seen or heard about this injury, but I think the possibility of occurring it in the future is high.
- I have never seen or heard about this injury; I think the possibility of it occurring in the future is low.
- After answering, display measures or emergency procedure of the injury
Usage of the service
Following shows usage of the service as of January 29, 2007.
|Number of times site was accessed (excluding multiple accesses)||4933|
|Number of times site was accessed (including multiple accesses)||80084|
|Number of valid responses for which age/developmental stage were input||4471|
|Number of times animations were downloaded||61147|
|Number of valid responses to questionnaire after viewing animations||21482|
Analysis of collected data through the service
Age of users' child
Analysis about alteration of users' consciousness
Relationship between age and developmental stage