Space requirements of the seated operator
|Reference||Space requirements of the seated operator|
|Journal||WADC Technical report TR-55-159 (1955)|
|Item||A M COG V I D|
|Measurement technique||Cadaver segmentation|
|Raw data accessibility||OK|
* This reference can be downloaded freely from the website of the Department of Anatomy of the University of Brussels. (http://homepages.vub.ac.be/~anatemb/exchange.htm *Dead link)
(1)Definition of body segmentation
The body segmentation is performed in 4 batches. Finally, The bodies are dismembered into the following parts:
shoulder (the shoulder girdle plus all associated muscles, and overlying skin and subcutaneous tissue),
Upper part of torso,
Lower part of torso,
a)Dismemberment of torso（including head）,whole Limbs．
- Torso－Upper limbs: The shoulder joint
- Torso―Lower limbs: The hip joint
b)Dismemberment of upper arm－forearm,thigh－calf
- Upper arm－Fore arm: The center of the elbow joint with bending to mid-flexion angle s of 70 degree.
- Thigh－Calf: The center of the knee joint with bending to mid-flexion angle s of 62 degree.
c)Dismemberment of shoulder
- Dismemberment of the shoulder muscles and soft tissue(Blue line in Figure）
(1)The dismemberment is made from (1)the mastoid process to the suprasternal notch along the anterior edge of the sternocleidmastoid muscle, (2)along the medial border of the pectoralis major muscle, to the fifth chondrosternal junction, (3)then laterally to the lateral limit of the pectoralis major muscle. (4)Next, the dismemberment follows the digitations of the serratus anterior muscle to the anterior margin of the latissimus dorsi M. Next, the dismemberment follows to the crest of the ilium following the anterior edge of the latissimus dorsimuscle. (5)This dismemberment then continues posteriorly along the crest of the ilium to the lateral border of the lumbodorsal fascia. (6)From this point, the dismemberment carries to the 12th thoracic spine and (7)along the spines of the thoracic and cervical vertebrae to the skull. The dismemberment is completed by following the nuchal line to the mastoid process.
d)Dismemberment of torso, forearm－hand, calf－foot
- Head+Neck－Thorax: The joint between C7 and T1
- Thorax－abdomen+pelvis: The joint between T12 and L1
- Forearm－Hand: The cut plane passes transversely through the head of the capitate bone.
- Calf－Foot: The cut plane begins at the upper border of the calcaneus, and extends to the lower tip of the fibula just above the talus head.
Only the raw data are described.